Happy Summer

I figured it was time for a quick check in.

It's been almost a month since my feis and three weeks since I was last at the studio. School's been out for two weeks and I think I've finally recovered from all the end of the year craziness. In the grand scheme of things, it was a pretty great year, but it was nice to sleep in, hang out with my family and do some things I didn't have time for (video games mostly).

I had nearly no motivation for dance related stuff until about yesterday. Like, I have TONS to work on, but I just didn't feel like it. I know competitive seasons have rest periods too, so I was trying to not feel guilty about it. I have been cross training 3-4 days a week, but not really practicing or thinking about dance.

Well, yesterday the syllabus for the next feis I'll be doing came out. Not only is it 18 and over for Prelim, but this competition is offering a second chance competition so I can compete twice and only use gas once instead of doing a double feis weekend like I originally planned. None to the usual suspect judges, and it's an hour from my house instead of almost two. I'm not sure if dancing twice in one day will equal double the feis hangover, but why not? My only hope is that it stays 18 and over and we don't get combined to make more than 5 dancers. Most of this is purely selfish because I want a chance at placing, but also because my competitors will not be literally half my age.

So I'm motivated again. The plan is to learn my set over the summer and we're brining back Rodney's Glory. I remember nearly all of it, thought I imagine we might update/tweak a few things. The other thing I'm trying to focus on is my toe height and clicks. I think I'm making the conscious decision to focus more on height and less on hitting with the clicks and toe height...I think I just need to make my ankles as strong as steel. Honestly, I'm not sure if its the brand of hard shoes or just hard shoes in general because I do not have these issues in soft shoe or even when I practice in sneakers...This has been an issue FOREVER, but it needs to go away if I'm ever going to get better.

In other news, I've lost almost 20 pounds! Can't wait to see how my dress fits! 

Hopefully getting to the studio next week once Nationals is over and my TCs are back. More on that soon.

Kay


Comments

Popular Posts