The Hartford Feis/Last Private for a Bit

Wow, I did not intend for almost two weeks to pass before I finally updated you on how my first feis back went. Unfortunately, my teaching job and my drama club had to take top priority (Our show was literally the day after the feis). Throw in my husband having an injury and writing other stuff in my free time and here we are.

They say the first one is the hardest and if that's the case, I'll be in great shape for the next one. I really didn't feel nervous until I was literally standing side stage about to walk on. It was nice to have Christian and Courtney there to watch me as well dancers in my competition from my dance school. There were some feis friends I hadn't seen in ages too! Honestly, it did not feel like it had been over three years since my last competition which was also why I probably felt relaxed.

Now I know it wasn't supposed to be about results, but I was a teensy bit disappointed. There were were 12 dancers and I got 12th. That being said, Courtney and Christian were both really pleased with how I did and my scores weren't abysmally low. Hopefully with a bit more confidence/working on some issues I'll be up there soon. One judge gave me 11th so I guess that counts for something.

As expected, my soft shoe round was the stronger of the two. I felt confident and my stamina didn't suffer at all. Treble Jig was a bit timid though I did something kind of stupid and taped my hard shoes with KT tape because someone said that it would prevent me from slipping...it also muffled my sound big time so that could have also played a part in my performance. Stamina wasn't so great in this one, but I didn't stop or anything.

I had fun, my two classmates placed overall, and I'm looking forward to the next one at the end of August!



Totally just wearing socks next time


I had my last private lesson for a while last week. The studio is having their recital this weekend and then Nationals are shortly after that. I won't be competing for over two months so I feel like there isn't a dire need to go every week. 

We ended up spending the whole lesson working on being higher on my toes in hard shoe. It's definitely still a work in progress, but it was before I had Dominik too.

Okay, I think I'm going to call it for now! 

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts