Hartford Feis Eve

 I cannot wrap my brain around the fact that my first feis back since having Dom is finally here. 

I'll keep this one relatively short as I've still got a few things to do to get ready and get done since I'll be gone for a good part of the day tomorrow. 

I'm excited to FINALLY DANCE IN PRELIM!

I'm excited to hear accordions playing as I walk around.

I'm excited to debut my new look.

I'm excited to dance outside (Ask me this one again tomorrow, although it's supposed to be beautiful)

I'm excited to see feis freinds I haven't seen in YEARS

I'm excited show the judges how much I love dance.

I'm excited to prove to the world that a hobby or passion doesn't have to stop just because you are a certain age or you have a child.

Mostly, I'm just excited to dance.

While there are certainly some nerves, I'm still trying to live my mantra of "Just Happy to be Here" that I've been saying since December. I've learned the hardest steps of my life. I've cross trained and made exercise a part of my life, I've lost almost 15 pounds!

And I wouldn't be here at all if I hadn't been at war with my thoughts in a local skating rink.

No matter the outcome tomorrow, I've already had a victory.

Look for a longer post in the next few days,

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts