34 Days

A bunch of updates!

-My new dress arrived! I was a little worried about the length, but it came out so nice! Fits real well too and I could probably stand to lose a few pounds and it will fit even better. It's the lightest dress I've ever had, and I only did a minimal amount of stones to cut cost, so I may buy some bling and add it on between now and the Oireachtas.

-I DID A FULL TREBLE JIG YESTERDAY. It was not pretty at the end, but I didn't feel like I was going to throw up like I did when I only did two steps back in March. I'm so proud of myself because I've been busting my ass to build stamina and I wasn't sure if I was doing enough. I'd still prefer to not fall apart in my final step, but I've still got just over a month to keep building endurance. My hope is by feis day that I'll get through them no problem. My other hope is that a Slip jig full is going to be much easier next week! 

-We changed the beginning of my first step! The good news is, I think it will be better in the long run and I think clean simple things are better than flashy things not executed well. The bad news is that this new piece isn't always executed well either so I have something to practice this week.

-I'm going to a champ class for the time since I was pregnant! JB has the week off so I'm able to go this coming Thursday. I'm excited and also nervous because I'm scared everyone is going to be at such a higher level than I am and I'm going to mess everyone else up. I'm also excited because I can get my cross training done at dance and get used to dancing with other people again. It will be good to practice moving drills as that seems where I need to focus my efforts now.

-I have 34 days until my feis! I can't believe it, it had seemed so far way back when I started this craziness in December. I am SO proud of how far I have come in 5 months. For only going once a week and missing ALOT because of bad weather or illnesses or conflicts, I really think I'm in a good place. Of course, I have a lot more to work on in the next 5 weeks (I can't believe it's that close), but I'm really pleased and looking forward to the future.

My goals for between now and Thursday are:
-Keep working on Stamina
-get as many small clicks as possible.
-keep everything extended.

Okay that's it for me,

Kay


Comments

Popular Posts