...and then I got Covid.

 Hey There,

Seeing as how this blog is also about the journey and not just the destination, it would be off brand if I didn't have some bumps along the way. 

Last we spoke, my son was feeling under the weather and a few days later, I started to feel like I wasn't myself too. Not anything real serious, I assumed it was a cold. The only reason why I even tested was because medicine really wasn't doing anything. Unfortunately, I tested positive Covid and had to do the whole quarantine thing. I'm really lucky, and my most annoying symptom was the headache I got from coughing, but my symptoms were really mild. Honestly, having lesson plans for the time I was out when I couldn't go in to work to make copies and double check page numbers was more of an annoyance. 

That being said...I have not been to dance in nearly a month. WAH. In a way, I guess it's been good because gas prices have gone down slightly and I was worried Jon and I were going to fight about me going every week, but we're down to 45 days until my competitions and while I'm not scared of where I'm at, I wish it was a bit further along, especially in the stamina department.

I've got plenty to be happy about though:

-My stamina didn't suffer as much as I thought it would and I've been doing ladders for endurance in hopes to keep building it for June 5th. 

-I completed my 12 week training program! Technically it took 13 weeks because I tested positive during week 12, but I am proud to say that I showed up 4-5 days a week for workouts after pretty much sitting on my butt for 2 years and change. While I had hoped that I would be more trimmer, I definitely see positive changes in my body. I actually have core strength and my arms are more toned than when I started in January. My extension also improved though there is definitely work to be done. I think the biggest one is how my turnout has improved, like I might ask if I can get buckles this time around! The plan is to take a month off to focus on stamina and do the program again.

-I have all my steps for both rounds (I may have said this last time, can't remember) I feel like treble jig is quickly becoming my stronger round though I'm 100% asking to tweak my lead to something less clunky this weekend because I feel like the rest of it flows pretty decently. I'd rather it be boring and clean than look like crap and have them stop watching me immediately. I feel like my stamina is much better for slip jig, but I'm still not completely confident, but trying to tell myself that I still have time to sort that out.

-I think my dress is almost ready? I got charged for it Monday so I'm hoping anytime now. I'm a little nervous about the fit and inevitably the "How much did that cost you?" conversation. On that note, someone please buy my old one...please.

To wrap this up, I'm proud of myself for working hard even if I can't always get to the studio regularly. I really have my SeniorIDAs accountability group to thank for this. That, and I don't want to let my TC Christian down!!!

Talk to you after Saturday,

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts