Practicing Works

 Who would have known? 

After an extra long winter break, I finally got back to the dance studio today. Did we spend almost the entire hour on two jig combos? Yes. Were they two combos I could not do before I had my son? Yes. Can I do them now? HELL BLEEPING YES!

I am SO proud of myself. Like, I can't even completely describe to you how excited I am. Today I saw myself in that mirror and while crossing is meh at times and turn out is a huge issue, I was hitting every beat, doing these hard combos to music and not moving all over the place to get them done. My TC said "Night and day difference" and kept saying he was impressed. At the end we were drilling continuously for what would be the equivalent of a full jig step (with a mask on) and I wasn't on the floor. I actually felt like I could see myself in prelim and not looking out of place.

How did I get here? I practiced the same 4 jig combos over and over and over for the three weeks I had off. The work isn't done yet, but I'm so pleased. Biggest reward (besides the cookies I just ate LOL) I'm getting a jig step next week! I anticipate next weeks post being a bit more solemn (I can't front click...it's like my body forgot.) but who knows.

We discussed May for my competitive debut. I made a promise about not crossing state lines for competitions with Jon, but there is one in NY that is about an hour away at that time of year. Otherwise, Hartford Feis will be my first competition. Lynn is in a new organization, but that would have been perfect. 

We also discussed Oireachtas, sounds like its happening, so I guess I need to start getting Jon on board now LOL...guess I'll keep ghostwriting Westerns to pay for it. 

Speaking of, I should probably get back to work...

Kay


Comments

Popular Posts