Blizzards and Other Things

 So no class yesterday because we had a blizzard. It was actually worse on the side of the state where the dance studio was, so they made the call to not hold class so I didn't have to. Always disappointed to have to miss dancing, but it was probably for the best. My knees were killing me. I think hard shoe in general riles them up with all the stamping, but I was also practicing in them in at home on tile floor because I am an idiot and I think my body was telling me to cool it. I'm feeling a lot better now, thank goodness.

It was not a fruitless week though, I had my TC tape my next treble jig step. I'm pretty impressed with myself because with the exception of just one little transition thing, I think I have it and will be able to do it to music next week. A lot of my preparation has been visualization to slip jig music and it's been helpful. I'm also super pumped that I will only need a half step and that round will be done. By done, I mean we can start working on cleaning it up and making it "mine", but one of my novice slip jigs took me years to do even half way decent, so I'll take it. Also there are no rocks so WIN.

In other news, I'm about to put a deposit on a new dress. After doing the math and figuring in alterations and what not, it makes more sense to have another one made instead of trying to buy used. I'll be doing something similar to what I did last time, except paying the professional for embroidery and attempting to stone the dress myself. I did a little bit of that with my Fire/House Stark dress so I think I probably can manage. I'm also leaning toward full wig (if I can find it and it's not a mess), but we'll see how I feel when I finally try it on and remember how annoying/time consuming it was. It will most likely be the return of burgundy and gold (with maybe some white accents) unless they don't have the color. I'll post updates when I have them.

Can't believe it's going to be February soon. 

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts