Long Time No Survey

Remember this? I found this survey on Tumblr ages ago. I'm a little sad that I didn't keep up with it, I think I was full novice the last time I updated it?

Anyway, it's a baseline, but here's the new and improved 2021/2022 edition.

Look for an update of my lesson in a few days (Say a prayer because I did squats on Monday and I can barely walk. LOL)

  • What level are you in: I will be in prelim as soon as I am ready!

  • Do you compete: I did for about 5 years. Working on a comeback. 

  • How many dance teachers: Two

  • Biggest competition: Honestly, I don’t remember anymore, but I’m sure there were some big prizewinner groups before I had Dominik. Also does this mean like biggest, as in importance? If that’s the case, then Oireachtas for sure.

  • What shoes: Feisfayre Flexi Pros for hard shoes and Rutherford Cavans for soft (I really need some new soft shoes. Needed them before I got pregnant.)

  • Days you go to class: Saturdays. That’s my compromise to Jon. 

  • Age group: Senior Ladies (FINALLY)

  • Favorite Feis: The Coogan Feis was literally 5 minutes from house #RIP. As for a competition that still exists, East Durham forever.

  • Favorite Dance: Hornpipe (I miss you BAE)

  • Least Favorite Dance: Trying to not be like that this time around...How about Treble Reel LOL

  • Dress: I have a Burgundy solo from what I’ve been calling “The Before Times” not sure if it fits. Torn between dancing as cheaply as possible and having a fresh start...stay tuned.

  • Fake Tan: I did. Jon hated it. Now that I’m going to be doing the champ thing...I might have to figure something out.

  • Wig color: I have to find them LOL, but it matches my natural hair color.

  • Do you think you’re good at dancing: Considering I didn’t do it for over two years, I’m happy with how things are going.

  • Favorite Award: Any of the 1sts I earned. Maybe the 2nd in Hornpipe I got right before I found out I was pregnant.

  • Set Dances: I learned Rodney’s Glory for a hot minute ages ago. If I do Oireachtas next year, I’ll be getting one for real. Totally okay with Rodney again, although I could see myself doing a tradset song for a contemporary set like the basic bitch I am (Although wouldn’t doing Vanishing Lake be the Irish dance version of that?)

  • Favorite Move: I can still kick pretty high. Stay tuned I guess…

  • Least Favorite Move: I’m very scared about jumping…hoping that changes as I get my strength back. I don’t want to get shin splints again.

  • Best at: I guess Treble Jig? That was the one I got completely out of the grades

  • Worst at: Treble Reel. I like how this still hasn’t changed. Maybe someday?

  • How far away is dance: Honestly, too far, but There are literally no schools close to me. People who live in states like Iowa…how do you do it? The serious answer is 45-55 minutes depending on traffic.

  • How many times have you transferred schools: Once. Best decision I ever made. Again, I like how this hasn’t changed.

  • Rally, Shuffle, Batter, Treble, Butter: Treble

  • Number of perpetuals: None…yet. Maybe now that I’m in prelim it will happen?

  • Best Placement: Beyond the 1sts I got in the grades, I got 6th out of 8 one Oireachtas. I’m going into this comeback with low expectations, but we’ll see what happens now?

  • Dance Shoe Size: 4.5 

  • Can you do freeze leaps: At the moment no. Ask me again in a year?

Comments

Popular Posts