Goals

So as promised, here are my goals with some thoughts of how easy or hard they will be. I will also update the goals section on the blog as well.


-Be able to fit into my burgundy dress. I haven’t had the chance to try it on and while I’m hoping I’ll be pleasantly surprised... I’m not holding my breath. My chest alone has grown since having my son, and with covid and all that fun, I’m definitely at my largest. That being said, I have been working out almost every day and I’m going to have plenty of time to get back into shape before needing to wear it. I really don’t want to have to buy a new one (i.e. Jon will not want that to happen) so I may be doing the black out look at every feis if I can’t get my act together.


-Be able to get through my rounds without dying. I got through a step down the line of my Advanced beginner dances without dying the other day...I can only go up, right? 


-Be ready to compete in prelim and be ready enough to not come in dead last. This one is an exciting but terrifying goal. Remember, I was only just starting to win in prizewinner when I got pregnant. When the time comes I want to be a serious contender. I’m obviously okay with not placing or only getting medals rounds, but I’m going to need to work hard when I’m not in the studio to be as prepared as possible.


-Be at the fitness level I was before I had my son or better. Once again, after only skating once a week and otherwise doing nothing, the only direction I can go is up. I’ve been doing something everyday, slowly increasing in intensity so I’m ready for my private lessons. I will be tweaking and continuing once my weekly lessons begin. My whole mantra will be to work smarter as well as harder.


-No toe height or or turn out comments. *Nervous laughter* I anticipate this being the hardest goal. It’s like I forgot everything in the 2.5 years I’ve been away from the sport. :(


-Make peace with Slip Jig and utilize my strengths so I don’t come in last place because of this round. Pretty much since I started dancing with my first school, slip jig has been my struggle. That being said, I was getting seconds in it before I went on my pregnancy hiatus, but it was always the dance I felt the least comfortable with. I think my TCs and I are going to have to get creative, but I’m also having the mantra that I can just enjoy it now that I’m no longer losing my mind over trying to win. Gonna try to let my inner princess come out again. Bring on those melancholy slip jigs.


-Better jumps, clicks, rocks, etc. Insert that nervous laughter again. They need to be consistent because I’m trying to contend in this harder level than I was before. Got to make my body strong again and hopefully it will come.


-LONG TERM GOAL: Win a sash! Definitely a reach goal, but I'd probably wear it to school the following Monday, just saying LOL.


As of right now, I don’t think I’ll be ready for competition until AT LEAST June so I’m thinking either the Hartford Feis or the Constitution State Feis in September will be my return to competition and my Preliminary Championship debut. Plenty of time to hopefully get my butt to fit in my old Solo.


Okay, I think that’s it for me,


Kay


Comments

Popular Posts