Things Come Together

Six Days (almost five at this point of the night) until my first skating show. How am I feeling?

Surprisingly okay. I had another really productive private and I think my program will be good enough for Sunday. There are still a few things to tweak for the end of the month but there are still a few weeks till then.

Got to tie down my undergarments for Sunday and bake some cookies and brownies for the bake sale and then we are golden.

Learn to Skate Lesson

We went over our routine again. I'd say it's getting pretty solid. Our forth member was back so it required a bit of tweaking. Getting really good at those two foot spins. I did one yesterday that was like buttah LOL I also think it's probably good that our song is long. Haha. Looking forward to our make up lesson in two weeks to move onto something else (even if it is Dutch Waltz again most likely)

Private Lesson and Program Work

Okay so I'm hopeful that Lovely is going to be beautious by the time Nutmeg State Games rolls around this summer because every time I leave my lesson on Sunday nights it looks exponentially better. I know my directions now, I have no issues with the order, we worked on making my slaloms big and curved, my two foot turns have improved and I can skate backwards pretty consistently. The backwards glides and one foot glides are not very long (I.E. sad).but not an issue for the show. I think the thing I have to watch out for is a balance check. it typically happens in the beginning because it will throw my timing off. Debating on meeting her for a lesson, but I think I'm going to go with my gut and visualize because running my program on ice while Nathan Chen is there makes me want to vomit. That, and I don't want to overthink it too much. May have to suck it up for Champions. Future me problem.

Other News

My mom measured me for my dress. Even though I feel good, I definitely have some mom body adjustments...I keep on telling myself I only had Dom six months ago so it could be worse...but still...yuck. I'm going off on a tangent here. I have fabric picked out, just have to purchase now.

Alright. Look for a few more entries and one with photos next week!

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts