Corona, I hate you, but I also love you?

Let me start off by saying that I have to find humor in this because this week has been tense. The welfare of people is the most important thing so consider the following post disappointment and silliness and nothing more.

My state has decided to close area schools for the next two weeks in an effort to stop the spread of the Coronavirus. I have mixed emotions. Obviously I'm thrilled to be home with my son during that time and we get to give his grandmother a break from babysitting, I also fully plan on writing my heart out. I'm just a bit disappointed because skating has been cancelled I'm sure it's only a matter of time before my competition on the 22nd is called off as well...I understand why...just was looking forward to it. Maybe this will all blow over by nutmeg state games? Maybe I'll see my coach in September? :(

Update as I started this post Thursday night...she wants to meet for a lesson tomorrow and I am so torn about what to do. Less than 250 people...but...stay tuned I guess.

And...I decided to say no. UGH ADULTING IS THE WORST. But in all seriousness...writing this post has been a roller coaster. Champions has been postponed. Not surprised. 

I have so many questions now. But I'll save that for another post I guess. One things for sure, it seems that my skating season is over for the moment.

Originally this post was supposed to tell you two other non pandemic related things. The first of which being that I ordered fabric for my dress (That I don't need until at least June now LOL) and was so excited when it arrived quickly. I had hoped to start working on it so I could wear it at the end of the month before things got cancelled. I ordered three yards of a navy poly spandex, three yards of a navy mesh (I want sheer sleeves like my Irish dance dress and possibly for the skirt), and a yard of nude because I only needed a bit and they only sold it in yard increments. I tear open the package, ready to pin and cut my pieces and I see three yards of the poly spandex, no navy mesh at all and FOUR yards of nude mesh. No really, enough mesh for every dress I make for the next two to three years, probably for multiple programs. LOL When I emailed them about it the company was like "OH, we we forgot to mention the navy mesh is back ordered." ...okay. That still doesn't explain why I have a half of a first down's worth of nude...but they're letting me keep it so I guess it could be worse? Who knows when I'll get the navy now as things seem to be shutting down...but someday this dress will get made and stoned. (Those arrived this week as well)

The other kind of equally as weird thing is that my skating club was supposed to have their annual meeting (No surprise...it's been cancelled) on Sunday to vote on things and implement a new board and...I may have been on the list of nominees. WHAT? No, no one begged or twisted my arm. I've been so welcomed and so happy about my experience I want to help keep this club awesome. That, and I'd like to help with their website or something small as I can't commit to a lot with the baby at the moment. No idea when the meeting will be now. When I get an update you'll here it here.

Okay, I guess I'm done. LOL

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts