No Snaps No Problems

I totally plan to do a Feis vs. Figure Skating Competition comparison once everything is all over and done with. I'm mostly just here to rant for a hot second.

Remember how a feis would be on a Saturday or Sunday and the Voy boards would be freaking out a week before demanding the schedule so they could plan hotel stays/if they could bring Susie to her friend's b day party/ Take older brother Jerry to a tennis match after? It is currently less than 24 hours until the Yale Winter Classic and there is still no schedule. I'm starting to get a little antsy. Not because I'm worried about the competition itself... I'm trying to figure how long my mom will have Dom tomorrow and how much milk I need to pack for him. COME ON GUYS!

I'm not sure if this last minute laid backness is a good thing or not. My coach explained that I should be in and out in an hour (which will mean that I'm in the car longer than I'm at the competition...eeep) but I'd still like to know when, especially if I'm getting practice ice and figuring this all out for the first time.

I have this feeling that I'm probably competing alone, but if so it will the perfect comparison to my entrance into the irish dance world, but I may be pleasantly surprised as Yale also has many adult skaters. The competition boasts no more than three in a competition so it's not like I'd be going home empty handed either way.

I tried everything on that I'm going to wear tomorrow and in the year that I haven't competed or performed, I forgot how much I despise that long sleeve leo I have. Beyond it not being the most flattering of piece of clothing I own, the thing snaps in the crotch and is a pain in the ass to snap. If you snap first and pull the leo over your shoulders it breaks apart. The other option is to stretch the fabric awkwardly around your butt and you put it on the other way. After all that I've had it unsnap mid dance before. Add that my boobs are bit bigger than this time last year and I'm praying that a) I don't have to pee before I skate and b) that Compulsory 1 is so basic that everything stays connected and I don't have a wardrobe malfunction. I'm wearing two pairs of tights so it's not like anyone is going to see anything scandalous. I may even wear my bike shorts underneath like the old days. Needless to say, I hope by the next competition (OMG the one I was planning on doing is a minimum of $100 dollars !@#$%!) I'll have a true program so I can get a dress, otherwise I'm buying a new leo that has no snaps. At least I looked the part with my skates on.

Okay, I guess I've gotten all the nerves out for now. I will either post about my lesson tonight or do a long entry about my lesson and the competition tomorrow. Until later!

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts