Prelim or Bust Part One: Lenihan Feis

Well today was my first feis back after a two month hiatus. I always fluctuate about which feis is my favorite, but I really do love this one. It's well run, it has great trophies, and I always enjoy myself.

I would love to tell you that today was a magical day where I swept everything and I only have two dances until I'm completely qualified for prelim, but it didn't go quite as I thought it would. I'm not too shaken up about it. For one, I've got at least three more chances this month and plenty of other options in the upcoming months. Trying to keep that mantra of "There's always another feis" so far I think it's working. I also felt that I danced everything really well and my TC was very happy with how things went too so I call today a success just for that. If she is happy and seeing improvements than I have to believe that the placements will follow. Third and final justification, I hadn't danced at a feis in two months. I did new steps too. It's all going to come together eventually.

I ended up getting a third in prizewinner reel. In my humble opinion I felt that this dance was the worst of the four, but I'll take what I can get. I've always naturally excelled in this dance. I just love the energy and feeling like I'm flying. I'm also proud that this is the second time in a row that I've placed in this dance so I'm hoping with a bit of fine tuning (I feel like my left foot of the first step still isn't perfect) it will become unstoppable.

I thought hornpipe went okay. I felt Meh about it, but my clicks were high and I felt confident. I danced with a girl who only needs hornpipe to be in prelim so I'm sure she got more attention than I did. I'm not really sure what happened in novice because my TC had nothing but compliments to give but they only gave out 3 placement despite there being 10 of us so I'm hoping I'm close. Feisweb had 2 competitions this weekend so while I'm waiting with bated breath, I have a feeling I won't know until tomorrow.

All in all very pleased and I'm hoping for even better returns next weekend at Hansen Keohane!


Comments

Popular Posts