Double Feis Frenzy Part One

Today was part one of my double feis frenzy. While it it went much better than last week, it still went about how I expected (i.e. I'm still in Novice). While I'm happy with how I danced I only got a third in treble jig. I'm still chasing those goals but I'm trying to find the silver lining. 

1. I got through all my dances and I wasn't upset with how I did. Sure there might have little things that weren't perfect, but it wasn't like last week or at Fairfield County. I left the feis pleased with how I danced and even though I only had one placement I know that I did my best at a feis so far this year and that is all that I can truly ask for.

2. I did not come last in any of my dances. I got 4ths and 5ths in the dances I did not place in (even the prizewinner ones!) That's pretty amazing for only 3 competitions in prizewinner. Watching the girls dance continues to remind me that I am not quite on the same level as many of them yet. It doesn't just flow, but someone posted a great thing on tumblr about not being at your peak performance level all year long. I think I've come to the conclusion that this is true for me. I'm doing pretty well, but I know I'm not comfortable with many of my steps and I've even gone back to some of my old steps because the mental aspect of performing them was becoming an issue. I'm going to stop getting on myself about this. I have to. I will get where I need to be and the results will be amazing!

3. Finally, I reminded my TC today (and myself) that this time last year, my hard shoe was still in advanced beginner and here I am a year later with half of my dances in prizewinner, and I'm placing in my prizewinner hornpipe. It's pretty amazing. I'd like to imagine where I'll be this time next year, but that can be for another post.

All in all very content with how today went and I hope that tomorrow goes even better! 

Goodnight!

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts