St. Patrick's Day Part 3: The Wolfpack Game

I seriously can't believe that I'm still trying to recap St. Patrick's Day stuff almost two weeks later. So is the life of an adult Irish Dancer who had parent teacher conferences tonight and other commitments since all these dance outs!
 
I wasn't a competitive dancer until I started doing Irish, I'd always been in recital numbers so initially I was so excited to be in this performance. I also felt honored because me, a wee little novice, got to be in a dance with prizewinner, prelim, and open champ girls. By the day of the performance I was really ready for it to be over, it seemed like the odds were against us sometimes. We had people drop out, we had weather problems on rehearsal days, we had a 3 hour dress rehearsal that was only supposed to be an hour. I had to buy one of those stick on bras...hahaha
 
...All bitching aside, it turned out really great. It may have been stressful at times but we looked good, we made it fun, and I think we all grew closer because of it. There was a skip in the music, but we were able to flawlessly go to our next part without anyone but our teacher being the wiser. I still marvel over how large the arena was as we walked onto the ice (My husband watches a lot of hockey so I thought I'd be used to it)
 
I will put it out there that I never want to hear Uptown Funk again. At least not for a long time.
 
I'm second from the left in line closest to the boards

Far right in the outer circle!

Far left middle line!



Okay now I can get back to focusing on Feis and class stuff. By the way I have TWO this weekend so you will be hearing from me a bunch! I'm going to have to post pictures because I'm a little bit ashamed to admit that I bought tanner. Only a little because I'm willing to do anything to help me stand out in a good way. I know I'm ahead of the game with my goals, but I'd really like to be a prizewinner! I don't know if I'll have time for anything between now and Sunday blog wise but stay tuned!


Kay

Comments

  1. Sounds like you are doing great!! Love the pics!! :) Have fun this weekend and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts