Once in a Life Time Opportunties

I really am in a thankful mood right now. I wanted to make a parody of that Alanis Morissette song "Thank U" but then I looked at the lyrics and it's not really a happy song (not that anyone is surprised.) So sadly I will have to use a different witty title but none the less I am currently on an upswing and I'm going to go with it.

I'd like to thank my wonderful husband for supporting my passion as well as putting up with my crap. I owe you an infinite amount or hugs, back rubs and baked goods. Oh and love I suppose.

I'd like to thank my father for always wanting to to do the amazing, ridiculous and borderline impossible for me. When I get to open champs I think we'll both have a really good happy cry. <3

I'd like to thank my mother for being my feis mom when I turned 26 last Wednesday and really should be able to handle all this on my own. You're a map questing, photo taking fiend. You are the greatest.

I'd like to thank all my guardian angels that watch over me and swing the odds in my favor. Whether you have just joined the ranks or have been helping me out since I was a little girl. I love you guys. This journey is for you as much as it is for me.

Okay, okay I bet you think I am manic, but now that I'm done we can move on to the reason WHY I'm so happy and positive and what not.

As I've previously alluded, I have some really amazing things happening in my dance world. Not just two competitions this weekend and next, but I'm transferring to a school with a young, fresh thinking TC with the opportunity to compete in & overs and potentially achieve my goal of open champs. But now by an exciting twist of fate (and arguing, begging, crying, bargaining, making sacrifices and stating my case) I now have something to add to this list.

I AM GOING TO CAMP RINCE CEOL IN JULY!

If it weren't for my promotion at work, it probably wouldn't have happened but it's happening and I'm totally excited. I'm going to probably owe my husband for the rest of my life but what an experience I'm going to have. It's going to be an insane two weeks because I work at Laurel, have the fourth of July to recover, and then leave the following day for CRC. It's going to be crazy but super worth it.

Even crazier, I realized last night as I was registering that I needed a TC's permission and when I would be at camp I would be with my new school. So after a lot of emails, phone calls and stress my new TC signed my permission slip for camp. She also suggested that I start coming to her classes as soon as I'm able so I have new material for camp.

So here I am at a cross roads. I thought I would be a good and grateful student and leave my current TC a week early so that my Transfer would be up mid December. But to have more time to learn steps, have my ban be lifted earlier, and really make my camp experience worth while...it's selfish but it almost seems like a no brainer...It will be worth it when I get to open champs. I'm going to keep on reminding myself that.

Goodnight,

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts