Adventures in Wigging

I got my super awesome "fluffy bun wig" from Celtic Curls and as I promised I will let you experience my first experience with false hair...lol


It's a shade darker than my hair is, but it's not too noticeable, and honestly it was cheap. I'm willing to deal.

  
The before shot!

 I think what was surprising/annoying is that I had my hair up everyday in a bun as a child and teenager, to the point that I could do it without looking in a mirror and it was an epic disaster this afternoon. It has been years, my hair is short and layered but DAMN!


Then I made my poof, I'm satisfied with the size of this one, but the side bun one was a little too like Snooki and Jersey Shore for my taste.

 

Not bad for first attempt! I think when I practice this next time I will use product, I had a lot of fly away hairs. I also didn't really pin the wig once it was over my bun. I think I'm going to have to look up videos on how to do that right and make it look a bit more natural.

Side Bun!
Besides the gigantic poof, I think I may go with this one. I do love me some side pony (you know I still think I'm 15 instead of 25.) It was easier to fight with my head, and maybe a could do a flower or something instead of a headband? I shall search the interwebs for this. It still needs work, I need to make it look like it's attached to my head, but not bad for a first try.

Perhaps figuring out make up now? I think at least until prizewinner, I should air on as natural as possible. That way people will think I'm in my late teens instead of mid twenties and won't hate me if I ever dance better than their child.

WOO! Time for Zumba! Keeping up with my "I'm gonna be an open champ" workout plan.

Kay









Comments

Popular Posts