Summer's End and the Game Plan

 I was kind of on Hiatus!

This was partly due to the fact that it was summer and I wasn't dancing as much as during the rest of the year, but also because my laptop died! I brought my work computer home and that is what I'm currently typing on. (I feel like this has happened before)

Since we last spoke, I did get to the studio a handful of times. I learned my set (we did end up tweaking it a bit) and I can do it to music. It is not perfect yet, but I've got time. We also spent most of the sessions working on treble jig. It is improved, but also not perfect yet. 

The feis I mentioned in the last post is this coming Sunday. I feel kind of prepared. I had a not so great practice session this morning that I'm chalking up to trying to tape myself while feeling extremally vulnerable. My classroom is currently empty of everything so I thought I would utilize the large space. However, I wasn't able to close my door and was waiting for someone to burst in when they could hear slip jig randomly in the distance. It wasn't God awful, but it wasn't great. Trying to not get too hung about it. "Just happy to be here", remember?

The groups this weekend are pretty small, 7 and 6 if everyone shows up. I'm going to guess that it will probably 7th and 6th for me but low expectations and low stress are where I need to keep my brain. I will not let weird camera angles and awkwardness get me down!

As for my plan for the fall, I have accepted an invitation to dance solos at the Oireachtas. Childcare is the biggest factor right now, but if my teachers think I am qualified to go, I'll take that as a sign that I'm doing better than I thought. Right now I'm signed up for a blackout feis in September and plan to do a feis in October and November as well. Again, having a babysitter has been more of challenge than anything else.

I've started a different cross training program that I'm really enjoying so far. It's Irish dance specific and I'm hoping that it will really help come November. I should hopefully have a practice space so that I can run and record (ugh) my fulls once a week. More details on that in an upcoming post.

Overall very excited and eager to feis and finally get to the big stage, which was always one of my goals. It's my reach goal for the season and I'm on my way to accomplishing it.

Hope you are well!

Kay


Comments

Popular Posts