6 Days

Not so great dress rehearsal = great feis?

That's not to say that today didn't go well, but I definitely got in my head a little. I think the fact that it was my last dance class before the competition next week made me feel like I had to go in there and have the private of my life. I had to make sure that I was productive and that we got to both dances, tried my dress on, etc. I think my usual carefree attitude got squashed a little.

Now that I've had sometime to reflect, I think everything will be fine. My TC is so great about giving corrections, but at this point, I think that focusing on that will make me over think things and mess up. I'd stop instead of doing both feet or I'd have a brain fart and miss a bang. I think I was so worried about being flawless, that it made me dance worse.

On a positive note, the fulls I did were really good! My Treble jig especially was really strong and I didn't really start to die out until the very end. Slip jig was over all pretty good as well. I still had a few flubs but I'll take it. As I said last week, if these were the fulls I did on competition day, I would be happy. As much as it would be so great to place, the goal is to just get out there and get used to the new level. I have to keep on reminding myself this!

The only thing that totally sucks is operation socks not tights is temporarily a failure. I danced with the dress yesterday and we both kind of decided that tights might be the way to go. I've lost almost 12 pounds, but it's still a little shorter than I would like. I'd rather just wear them and be comfortable instead of wondering who can see my compression shorts or if I'm going to get deductions. That being said, I feel like NO ONE wears tights if they are wearing a solo dress so...I had a friend say that judges do remember you and if you don't look put together they notice...so maybe they will notice me in a good way? 

Trying to stay positive that I haven't done this in years and that it's a milestone that I am able to do prelim level things in about 6 months. Another friend told me that no one is truly perfect in prelim so I should just go out there and just enjoy myself. Sounds like I'm going to know at least 3 people in my competition. I'm torn between wanting a smaller group so it's a more chill environment or a huge one so my chances of coming in dead last are fewer. LOL.

Now to relax, visualize a lot, and have fun.

Kay 

Comments

Popular Posts