21 Days and Counting

Real quick sidebar before I start with this week's post. This blog has over 68,000 page views since I started it back in the day!? Like I typically check to see how many views I get on posts since I last logged on, and honestly it's died off a lot since I got pregnant and took my hiatus but...Holy Crap? Like, maybe I need to put some effort into this and get it going again? Maybe I'm not shouting into a void when I feel like I am? 

It's definitely something to think about.

Now for our regularly scheduled programing! I have three weeks until the Hartford Feis and I would say that I'm 80% thrilled and happy with my progress and 20% wishing I had a bit more time. I may have mentioned it last week, but this competition is not my end all goal which is why if it's not perfect, I'm not really worried about it. Just the fact that I'm back after having Dominik, dancing in a higher category and missing almost two months of lessons due to weather/covid/conflicts is pretty darn impressive. As I've said to both of my TCs that I've been working with the most, anything beyond two decent rounds is just an added bonus.

It was Treble jig week and we spent the first bit of the class working on a few trouble spots. I noticed in the champ class I went to last week that sometimes things are betting in drills than my steps, so I was hoping it would help. Overall I think it did, thought I'm still struggling to hit every single tiny click. After that, we did step down the line and that was where I felt most pleased today. I worked on smiling and exuding confidence and I felt like it helped my dancing so much. Once again, I felt like I was a prelim dancer. It wasn't perfect, but I swear I hit almost all my big clicks, I felt sharper, etc. 

We did another full and while I can get through a full treble jig...I still totally die in that third step. I'm debating on putting on sneakers this week and dancing one full everyday to see if maybe that helps. Even if I do it around my bedroom and the movement is off but I just don't stop. There's still three weeks, maybe I can make it to 2.5 steps before I start losing energy. Trying to give myself grace though, because I never really did 3 steps in the past beyond ladders in champ class.

In other news, I started eating clean this week. I've cut way back on my dairy and sugar and I'm down five pounds. Operation socks not tights is in effect, though my mother did remind me that it might take longer than three weeks for my dress to fit better. She's probably right, but I might as well try.

I'm still planning like I'm going to be wearing socks so I still need to buy tanner and a few other things between now and the big day. Still can't believe it's less than a month!

I think that's where I'll leave it for now. See you next week!

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts