I'm a Rising Star (And Other Updates)

 It's been an eventful and productive week. Happy to report that the weather did not prevent me from getting to class this week (but it certainly tried...it can be spring now. Thank you).

Private Lesson

So the prep work for my second slip jig step mostly paid off. The bones were there, but there are some transition pieces that were tripping me up (What foot to be on for certain parts mostly) There were moments where I saw myself in the mirror and I was pleasantly surprised. Stamina wise, I was able to do a step and a half before it burned too much. My TC seemed happy, told me that as long as he's seeing progress he'll never have anything bad to say. I'm a little sore now, but no weird knee pain and I was able to jump and not look like a potato. We're moving back to treble jig next week which means I'll have two steps of each round which is good because...

Class Feis

I signed up for my school's class feis at the end of March! I'm doing the "pre-championship" competition. It's three rounds, but only two steps of treble jig and slip jig, and a trad set. Truth be told, I could probably work my ass off to finish what I need to compete in actual championship competition. I remember most of my old set and only have a half step of slip jig to learn. It's really treble jig that is the weakest and needs two steps still. The goal is not to peak for this class feis or even when I start competing in the spring so I'm not going to give myself unneeded stress. Let's face it, I'd get last (Still might in Pre-Championship...oop), and it's more about getting used to the three round format, and really just competing again at all. 

Dress Saga 2022 Edition

Because it's never been easy, right? I had mentioned in a previous post that my old dress didn't fit. I had a few people express interest in it, but no one has bitten yet. Going to have to try harder because I did finally put a deposit on a dress. Actually this is my second deposit with a different dressmaker...Haha (not really, I'm actually kind of annoyed.)

With out saying who the first dress maker was, I put down a deposit for one of their more affordable dresses after they sent me info and prices, only for them to respond back that they're changing aspects about their budget friendly line and it would be weeks before they would have new info for me. I could do one of their more expensive dresses or I could get a refund if I didn't feel like waiting...so I asked for the refund. They attempted to call me in the middle of the school day and I haven't heard from them since...I'm giving them until Monday to respond or see the refund in my account before I start getting annoying.

In the meantime, I did inquire with Rising Star as they have a budget friendly option as well. A little more than I wanted to spend, but between selling my old dress and some writing money, it will be okay. Most shocking: It's NOT going to be burgundy. I also may get a darker wig. Stay tuned.

Until next time,

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts