"You Pick Up Soft Shoe Steps So Quickly"

 


My TC explained to me why we've been focusing on hard shoe so much lately...the title of today's post was his response...um, what?

It's official everyone, we live in an alternate reality where I am better at Slip Jig than Treble Jig. What the literal Hell?

In all seriousness though, I think for not doing dance for a few years and then cranking it up a notch for Prelim, I'm still happy with how things are going. I am super happy I don't have to feis any time soon thought because I am NOT ready.

We started off reviewing the new rhythms I learned last week. They weren't spectacular, but they were ones that I never did before and I only had a week to work where I had three the previous week because of Christmas and what not. They'll get there and one of them isn't even going to be in my steps most likely so I feel like I can relax a bit.

I also learned part of my jig lead. I really wanted to learn the whole thing, but oh well. It is similar to my old Prizewinner step so I kept on doing the wrong part, but I've got a video to the week ahead of me to get it comfortable. I'm pleased that the hardest thing in it is still something I did in the "before times" in my hornpipe. 

Sounds like they are kind of tailor making my steps instead of just throwing what everyone else does at me which is a relief after watching that video of toe stands and skater spins last week. It's also appreciated <3.

In other news, I bit the bullet and signed up for an actual training program instead of just winging it with YouTube and my stationary bike. Its catered to dancers so I'm hoping it will help with some of my weak areas like turn out, crossing, and fear of jumping. It's a 12 week program so I'm sure I'll have updates as the weeks go on.

I also joined a Senior Ladies Accountability and Support group. It's been about a week and I'm already so happy I'm a part of it. Lots of married ladies, I'm not the only mom, and everyone has been so kind and supportive. 

Okay, I think that's it for me this week.

Kay 


Comments

Popular Posts