Years End

It's that time of the year again. Resolutions and Goal setting. 

First I wanted to update you on things since it's been a few weeks.

I was supposed to have a third private lesson in December, but there was a forecast for snowy/icy weather the day before. I used to be a baby about driving in bad weather before I had my son and now I'm worse. So I made the call Friday to cancel with my TC, and naturally it only rained on Saturday...trying to not have the whole FOMO thing, but I feel like I'd be ahead of the game with all this time I had off.

Oh well.

I'm still working out almost everyday (though I got a little lazy with Christmas last weekend. I'm trying to give myself some grace during this break to rest and enjoy things I don't typically have time for.) That being said, I have been doing core workouts and riding my stationary bike. I've also been drilling hard shoe over and over and over. I'm proud to say that I can do all my drills to music, though three trebles is a bit slower than the rest. Three trebles was kind of hot garbage before I got pregnant, so I'm at least where I was before with that. I feel like my shoes are bit more broken in (though not perfect yet) and my small clicks are mostly back. As for big clicks...eh I've got time. Slip Jig is still pretty good, I feel like I'm in an alternate timeline where I'm looking forward to learning more slip jig and dreading hard shoe drills. 

God willing (or really weather willing) I'll be back at it January 8th

Okay time for goals and whatnot:

I did a goals post a couple of months ago so I'm not looking to beat a dead horse. I think this is more of a general vibe or feeling 2022.

I'm trying to have extremely low expectations for 2022. I'll be honest, it's hard. Part of the reason why I think skating wasn't ticking all the boxes for me was that I missed having lofty competitive goals and that feeling when you're lined up in front of the judge and the musician is playing the opening bars of whatever you're about to dance do. I'm already itching to learn my steps so I can get back out there. I'm trying to trust my TCs and their process. I keep on telling myself that this time last year I was barely skating, barely active, dance was a whisper in the back of my mind. I will get there.

That being said, I'm working hard, like harder than I ever worked before. Maybe it's the higher level, maybe it's the fact that it's become a bit of a fitness journey, or that I can't be in class three days like everyone else. I want to reward myself for that hard work. I want to show my son, my family, really anyone that dreams don't have to die when you have a family, and that excites me. It makes me impatient in a different way, if that makes sense.

I want to make Courtney and Christian proud (I think I already am?) I've already had a dream where I had a lesson and there were things in the way so I couldn't do my steps properly and they were yelling that I wasn't prepared LOL. I don't want people to feel like they are wasting their time. I also want to do this in a healthy way that makes this enjoyable and not a chore. I will not go back to Oireachtas 2017 and the fall season before it.

I say low expectations, but on at least two different occasions now, I've said that I want to go for 2022 Oireachtas. There would be a lot of pieces to this. Driving there for the day, having my mother with me so that Dom was occupied, having Jon agree. Would only meeting for a weekly private lesson be enough? Yikes...but I just said I miss having lofty competitive goals LOL. Stay tuned I guess.

Okay, I'm wrapping this up here...but I do have one resolution or goal for 2022 that I NEED to stick to. I need to not kick or step on my son while I'm practicing, because both almost happen today. Oi...

Happy New Year!

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts