Slip Jig Didn't Suck

Welp, week one done and dusted.

 I should probably back track a bit. Dominik and I stopped by the studio earlier in the week. I had really wanted to see everyone as well as check out where Dominik could hang out if I need to bring him. It was so nice to see everyone. I got a few hugs and some of the girls who were tweens the last time I saw them are so grown up and taller than me! We discussed today that if there are weeks I can't get to the studio for a private that I could attend class one night during the week instead, so hopefully I'll be seeing them soon. 


 As today approached I got more and more excited, but also a little nervous. What if couldn't do anything like I used to? I am working with my male TC almost exclusively now and worried that maybe we wouldn't mesh as well as I did with Courtney. What if he decided that dancing in Prelim was a terrible idea? I'm happy to say that things went much better than I expected. I walked in and he was like "How are you feeling?" When I told him that I was excited and nervous he said, "I'm excited too," and that was pretty much all I need to hear. :) I'm happy to say that I didn't die during the warm up and didn't have to stop either. All that working out has been paying off.

This was not here last time, so pretty!



We ended up spending the whole class on soft-shoe, but I really think that was for the best. I learned my lead, but about half way through the lesson I realized that I definitely did the step before. I think this was the one I was doing in the fall and winter of 2018/2019, but I can't really remember. I'm pleased to say I have the whole thing to music and it's not a pile of hot garbage. It's definitely good that I'm not competing any time soon, but it has potential. For not competing in almost 3 years, I was very pleased. We'll be doing Treble jig next week, but I remember two-thirds of it, so maybe we'll keep it and tweak parts?

I think the thing that I'm most excited about is that my TC that I'll be taking these private lessons with seems like he's very in tune with the mental side of things which was my downfall at times in the past. We talked about my goals and it seemed like didn't think I was proposing insanity. He even asked me if I wanted to do Oireachtas next year. I mean, I definitely do, but it would all depend on Jon and if we'd bring Dom or if I would go for the day and not stay over or something. That's a LONG way off at the moment, but it sounds like a set is in my future. Rodney's Glory 2.0?

Overall, just so happy to be back. I'm already sore as hell, but it was worth it. Going to keep my exercise regimen going, but tweak it slightly to add practicing to the mix as well. 

Haven't been keeping track of the pounds, but feeling good.


I think that's it for me for now. Until next week?

Kay




Comments

Popular Posts