Working On My Fitness

A little update since I’ve still got 23 days until I go back to dance:


-I’ve been working out nearly everyday since I last posted! I’ve been giving myself one full rest day (right now Saturdays, but obviously that will change once I start meeting with my TCs). In some ways it’s going really well. I might even need to up what I’m doing because today is like the first day I really feel sore, but I also don’t want to over do it and get hurt or something before I’m even taking class. As it was, I tried to practice a beginner slip jig last week and my calf muscle had a spasm and I thought I strained something. I’m a little concerned about my ankles, there was an exercise where I had to hop on one foot in different directions and I COULD NOT do it on my right foot without my heel on the floor. I’m hoping it will come in time, but yikes.


-I’m probably not able to surprise my classmates after all. I’m bummed about this, but I’m also trying to compromise and not turn Jon off. I really wanted to see potential places where I could set up Dominik when he has to come with me, but oh well.. 


-You know me, I’ve already got my goals and potential competitions mapped out. I think it will all depend on how quickly I can pick up my steps and not look like a potato. I haven’t done much actual dancing yet, but I’m hoping to change that in the next few days. Look for that post soon, but I’m guessing that I will not be looking at competitions until the summer at least. Also, there are already a few out of state ones that I want to try but I told Jon no out of state competitions. If they are technically closer to home maybe he will reconsider?


I think the biggest things to work on right now are my stamina and just not being afraid to dance. I’ve been building up riding my stationary bike for a full step as fast and hard as I can go. I think this week I’m going to work on a half at a time and so on until I do a full treble or slip jig. I also need to just get over myself and do some baby dances, even if it’s in my sneakers.


Bye for now,


Kay



Comments

Popular Posts