Off Ice Training and other Quarantined Thoughts

Hello,

One of my students in a Zoom meeting said he's been inside for twenty-one-hundred days yesterday. While it certainly feels that long, it's currently day 20 since I've last seen my students in the flesh and I haven't left my house beyond walks around the neighborhood in about 15 (I had to get my Emissions done and JB works at a Grocery story so no need to shop)

It has been 24 days since I've been skating.

Honestly, beyond seeing my parents and in laws in the person (I video chatted with both today) that's been the hardest thing for me. Being home has been such a gift (even trouble shooting parent issues at what feels like all hours. Currently avoiding my inbox) but I miss having something to look forward to each week. I mean now I will have stuff to look forward to that when I can finally get to it I'll probably explode from happiness. Just hoping I'm not going to lose all the stuff I'd picked up in 10 weeks I took lessons...Not that it was anything super complicated, but still.

So I've been doing what I can to stay motivated and sane and here's a quick list of what I've been thinking and doing.

1. I started a 30 days to splits challenge for flexibility. I'm still relatively flexible, but definitely lost some of it during my pregnancy. I figure it will help if nothing else.

2. I've been walking with the baby. Now that it's getting warmer, I hope to do this everyday. I go for about a mile and a half. It feels good to clear my head and step away from the laptop.

3. I did a core workout this week. It was kind of sad. I hope that will improve.

4. I finally busted out the spinner. The first day I got so dizzy I thought I might get sick. Haha Today I didn't go as long so it went much better. It's definitely a bit of a learning curve. I can get around twice maybe half the time, and I did one 2.5 or so today. My coach wants to go over how to use it (i.e. so I don't hurt myself or learn a bad habit) We'll see I guess.

5. I'm going to try an off ice class this weekend lead by my coach and her son. It's free so why the hell not? Sounds like it's mostly conditioning which I need. Maybe I just won't allow video LOL.

6. Still no navy mesh. Am I douche if I email them with all of this going on?

7. Got my Skating Magazine (Included in my membership to US Skating...take that Irish Dance Magazine) read it cover to cover. Now working on back issues.

8. Joined an Adult Skating group on Facebook. Have been interacting every day.

9. Since I'm always planning the next thing...I bought a cheap dress (that is my size) for a future program.

10. I've learned that there is something called the disco slide and I need to get to bronze level so I can skate to Abba and the BeeGees.

11. Kind of coming to the conclusion that my already postponed skating competition and Nutmeg State Games are probably not happening...

12. So I'm thinking if that is the case, when I finally do get back to training it might be better to work on the basics and have a new program than tweak Lovely a bunch of times. We will see what my coach thinks/ how long we must be socially distant...

Okay I think that's everything.

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts