WHAT DID I JUST AGREE TO?

One week from today I will have attended a competition.

For Figure Skating.
Who's blog is this?
I am doing Adult Compulsory 1 which I feel like is the equivalent to taking your first grade exam. I don't have a program with music or anything. I have to skate forward, glide forward, swizzle 4-6 times, and stop. Right now the stopping is the roughest bit, turning your hip and knee in is like the opposite of everything I ever learned, but it's getting better.

Not sure how many times I'll be competing right now, This one is the only one that offers low adult levels. Not necessarily a bad thing...I would rather work hard to get that freeskate in addition to compulsory routines and not have Jon kill me. But yeet, yolo, and whatnot.
How I feel when I say yeet...
I was going to wear my black leo with a skirt and while I found both skirt options I can't find the leo. That's because I haven't worn it in a year! Let's hope I can find it because otherwise more money I have to spend! 

In other news, my second lesson went well! No falls! And I feel prepared for next week. Getting more confident, able to go faster, and bend my knees more especially during my swizzles. I think after the competition I'll be moving on more adult 2 and 3 things. I'm starting to go backwards, do backwards swizzles, turn around, glide on one foot, and skate in a small circle. It will be a few weeks until I'm comfy, but I'm hopeful!

Until next week 😅

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts