A Process Towards Progress

Hello,

Isn't there a quote somewhere, something along the lines of, "work hard and the results will follow?" Well, this post is going to follow that mantra.

I went to the Inishfree Feis a few weeks ago, and it was my first time since transferring that I went home empty handed. Honestly, I'm not that hung up on it so that should prove that I'm making progress mentally. I was actually very happy with how I danced, I've upgraded all my steps and the Mid Atlantic Region can be beastly, so the fact that I was 4th and 5th was very promising. The only disapointment was that both my parents came, so I was hoping it would be a movie-like victory, but oh well. My dad hadn't been to a feis since I danced in adults, so I'll take it.

As mentioned previously, I am now doing steps that I'd never imagined I be able to do. It might have taken longer than I wanted to, but I'm doing things I used to watch be done when I was an advanced beginner. There were pieces in my reel and treble jig that I begged my TC to change and I can do them now. There were days I'd flake out and go back to easier steps in my hardshoe and now I feel like I can do them no problem. I can confidently say that I am dancing better. So yes, maybe it sucks that I'm not placing where I would like, but I know eventually it's going to click and I'll be all set for prizewinner and beyond. An added bonus was I didn' get any "up off heels" comments at the feis. Now to get less comments on crossing.

My other exciting piece of news is that I'm getting a new dress and I'm almost positive that my old one is finally getting a new home. I'm still bracing myself for some fallout, but hopefully it will all work out. It's a Doire!

Bye for now,

Kay


Comments

Popular Posts