Detours, Scenic Roads, and Unexpected Ventures

See what I did there? All those journey puns?

Don't worry, I'm still dancing. Honestly, I thought I had posted more recently, but I must have meant to post and just never sat down and did it. Stuff has been happening though!

East Durham Feis: I'm calling it. Favorite Feis. I just love how relaxed it is! It's a beautiful ride up and my mother always comes along. I danced early and we were home by the early afternoon. The best part of this day was that I was so relaxed that I got 2nd in both of my dances still in novice, missing first by one point!

Back to Trad Set: Since I teach a baby beginner class on Saturdays now, my TC has been awesome enough to give me free privates when she can meet me. Honestly, I think it's been so beneficial because we can really pick apart things that need work and I'm not stressed out because of x, y, or z. Well...we discovered that even though I was on track for solos...I technically wasn't qualified for them. I needed prizewinner firsts not novice ones, but I'm not too hung up about it. With my schedule this year, I do not think I would have been adequately ready. I'm back in Trad set and while it will be a small group again, I'm doing The Three Sea Captains this year and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I love how technical it is and it makes me proud because I feel that I've learned so much since last year when I was doing Jockey!

IAA of NW NJ Feis: I didn't do so well at this one. This was completely my fault. I made the conscious decision to go to a party at a friends house the night before. While I wasn't hung over or anything like that, I ended up only getting about four hours of sleep. I was cranky and tired and by hornpipe I was done. I ended up leaving early because I knew it was going to be disastrous. Despite being in the car for almost as long as I was there I was happy for a few things. 1) I got forth in trad set in the prizewinner group. 2) I got a 3rd in slip jig 3)I would have won treble jig had there not been three boys 4)mini doughnuts.

New England Autumn Feis: Even though my results were not ideal, I still thought I brought my best that day. I got a third in my slip jig even though I was convinced it was the slip jig of a life time (we finally fixed what we think might be holding me back. Looking forward to trying it out.) I also got 5th in trad set in the prizewinner group again. I'm hoping as I get more confident the placements will get higher. I also had a great day with my dance family.

Those are the big things. We found out yesterday that I've been doing clicks wrong for almost 4 years (kicking the first leg higher than the second) but I'm hoping now that that's out of the way it will help get my treble jig out. My TC and I discussed that we may just focus on Slip Jig, Treble Jig, and Trad set until they are flawless (even though the first two have felt that way for a while. I guess there's always room for more!) Oh I got a new bun wig too! It's not too exciting, just a closer match to my hair color!

Okay, That's it for me,

Kay

Comments

  1. Hi Kay... Remember me? :) I just wanted to let you know that even though I haven't been commenting, I have been reading your blog faithfully for the last year, and I really appreciate that you continue to update. I love reading your feis reports, and just your general thoughts on dance. :) I hope you keep updating, because I'm always looking forward to a new post from you.

    That being said... I have written a new blog post myself, and I am going to try and post more regularly. I've made my blog private, and I'd like to add you as a reader, but I'm not sure how. I think I need your email address? Anyway, if you'd like to read it, let me know and I will figure out how to add you. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI! Of course I remember you! I feel bad that I haven't blogged in months! Thanks for the kind words. I've got some things to sort out but I'm hoping to have positive things to share soon!

      I'll see what I can do with you blog! I hope I can follow it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts