One week completely in the Novice/Prizewinner class and I have plenty to report.
1. I'm exhausted. So much for staying up late tonight. But worth it!
2. I know 90% of my Novice Treble Jig confidently. I can probably do the whole thing, but haven't had a chance to do anything but run it in my head. I am so excited to have slow tempo dances!!! They have so far to go as there are all kinds of clicks that I'm not hitting, but I'm so pleased!
3. I'm learning a new lead for my slip jig. I'm going to call it a Nov-winner step because a girl who was in Novice and won used to do it and is now learning something more complicated.
4. I started learning the beginning of the Novice Hornpipe tonight. I'm really overwhelmed when I watch people dance the whole thing, but the chunk we worked on is starting to make sense.
5. Did some harder across the floor exercises that were in the champ class that time I made a class up with them. No birdies or bicycles, but I definitely feel like I am going places.
6. All of my feis steps (save AB reel and TJ because we didn't do them this week) are solid. More on that later.
7. A photograph from a big newspaper in our state photographed our class on Monday for an article and the picture that I am in is seriously one of the worst pictures of me ever. Like, I have serious cellulite. UGH.
8. Apparently the girls in my old AB Thursday class were asking for me and told my TC they wanted to do their skip 2,3's "like Kay does them" (I don't kick my butt first if that makes any sense. That's how we did them at my old school and in the Nov/Prizewinner class)
9. I'M DANCING AT A HOCKEY GAME THE DAY AFTER ST. PATRICK'S DAY! (If you can't tell, I'm really excited.)
Looking forward to all my weeks being this productive!
In other news, I'm a little over a week out until my next feis. As usual, I'm trying to be as prepared as possible while still having low expectations so I don't psyche myself out. The pressure is off in soft shoe because they will be moving up in February, though it would be nice to keep the places I got last time, if not higher. The goal is to place in my hard shoe dances, but I don't think I will be doing my slow dances until April if I do win. (I just don't think a March feis is logistical between St. Patrick's day commitments, a class feis, a first grade teacher commitment, Easter, etc) I'm excited because the drive is a lot closer too!
Okay that's all for me at the moment. I wasn't kidding when I said I was exhausted.