Camp SRL Mid Week Update

Sorry about the photo challenge. I promise that it will continue! Honestly I just don't have the time to blog this week.  I'm working from 8:30-3:30 then I'm literally coming home changing, eating something and the driving to dance which goes from 5:30-8:30, driving home, getting ready to do it all over again and then sleeping. Not really any time in there right now to look for any pictures. So be patient, I'll try to start that back up this weekend.

Camp has been excellent so far. I'm able to do all the steps I learned in June to music and we've really been working on fine tuning things and getting them perfect. I don't want to jinx myself but I believe I've worked out most of the kinks in St. Patrick's day (save the rocks of course) and my TC even said that tonight was the best she's ever seen it. She also told me that she could see lots of improvement thanks to CRC.

I haven't really learned a lot of new steps and initially I was a bit disappointed but I'm trying to chalk it up to needing to get my basics perfect so I'm not stuck in Novice in Prizewinner forever when I might be able to get through more complicated steps but my technique is crap. My TC is really pleased with my light jig and thinks that my other soft shoe steps are coming a long too. We also added movement to the novice light jig step that I know as well as my hornpipe so that was pretty exciting. I never got that far at my old school.

I learned the single jig today! It's actually pretty fun, too bad that it's not often done in New England or the east coast. It's the last advanced beginner dance I needed to learn so hopefully if not this week than when class starts up again I'll be into Novice steps!

I'm pretty sore but not nearly as bad as CRC, and TC has been working us in other areas like stamina, drills, core and more. It's all really beneficial and I'm so upset that I only have two days left.

Well I need to go to sleep, Not only do I have work and dance tomorrow but I'm also dancing with my TC and a few other people at a library tomorrow. Among other things, I'm dancing my set. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Talk to you soon,

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts