My body tells me that...

Wow, I have been waiting a long time to use a Young The Giant lyric in my blog...but anyway...I appolgize that I've been away from the PC for a bit. I'll tell you what's been going on.

In the non Irish Dance world, I've been planning and working with my kiddos. There have also been a crap ton of Jewish Holidays but those are all over for a while. This coming week it going to feel like an eternity and if we all make it out (myself included) with out any meltdowns or temper tantrums, I will be ecstatic. I've also been knitting a sweater for my niece (It's almost done!) Doing some Jamberry things (Finally seem to be getting somewhere!) and looking at houses again...YAAAAAAAAAY! So, I've been meaning to post for a while, but just haven't gotten to sit down and type it out. Also, hockey started this month so my computer is often stolen by JB...

As for dance a lot of good things happening and a few not so good. Let's start with the positive. I think I already said this but I finished my slip Jig and can almost do it all to music. I've still got three weeks so I'm planning on getting that second step flawless. We're also doing Blackbird which is going quite similar to how St. Patricks Day was going in the spring. You can't throw the whole thing at me at once...I am not worried though, it'll get there. Treble Jig is the same...not sure if I will learn all of it for my 11/8 Feis but oh well if I don't.

Okay...now for the things that are disappointing/annoying. The past three weeks I've only been able to dance once a week. This past week was because I had a Jamberry Party but the other two were ordered by TC and wife. I can't catch a break! Before my ankles got tender. Now...it's my shins. I've got some moderate shin splints. It's put a damper on practicing and by the end of class I have trouble getting any height on leaps and jumps at all. I know I don't want to get a stress fracture, I know I don't want to be sidelined but WTF! I feel like my body is fighting me the entire way here and I'm NOT THAT OLD! I also feel like I'm missing out because they learn more of Blackbird on Friday nights...going to try to go both days this coming week and take it easy...I know it's my hard shoes that are causing the trouble. I don't know what to do about it...I'm going to google some ideas so that I'm not broken.

Another disappointment is that C, the other adult that came all the time last spring has only been to one class that I was at. I know she's in grad school. I know that TC is treating us all the same and making us learn crazy sets all together and slow hornpipe awesomeness that might have overwhelmed her...but I miss her. I love the girls I dance with, but it was nice to have someone the same age to sympathize with about having a job and being the oldest etc. Oh well I suppose.

Finally and most disconcerting is that I think there is something else going on with me. Being as cryptic as possible, I am not very motivated to do anything right now, dance included. A lot of time I was to just sleep or cuddle on the couch. I feel...off. Which is why I titled my entry what I did today. I'm concerned that if I am experiencing what I think I am experiencing that it could be the end to dancing for a while. Not forever necessarily, but a hiatus were I wouldn't be competing or practicing or getting better. It would be a wonderful thing, a thing that I think I'm coming to terms with more, but none the less a lot of things would change. But until I know for sure, that's all I can say at the moment.

I promise to post next week after I've had a normal dance week (and a field trip to a farm eeek!)

Stay tuned,

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts