Just Keep Swimming...

I'm going to keep this one relatively short. I've got places to go and people to see. :)

In the real world, I'm a ball of nerves. I have two concerts in the next two weeks. One is simple. The other, I am so nervous I think I've made myself sick. Horrible sore throat, congestion. YUCK. Keeping Positive: I will have less stress and a lot more free time in a few days.

I am convinced we are never going to be homeowners. Every time we have even a glimmer of a prospect, some one beats us to the punch OR our mortgage guy is MIA. I'm frustrated and fed up. We are actually contemplating gutting a house because it's cheaper and most don't want to be bothered with the work.
Keeping Positive: My apartment, though small and often irritating with neighbor bull, is so close to where I have dance. Right now dance is one the few things that is keeping me sane.

Okay lets talk about Irish Dance and continue with the accomplishments. For times sake, lets make it a bullet point list. :)

*I finished learning my reel on Wednesday.
*I learned some more of St. Pats.
*We did two different Ceili dances this week, they were okay. Parts had promise if we keep practicing.
*I can dance (some what sloppily) my hornpipe and light jig to music. I tried reel while E did. The easier steps are fine, the more complicated ones...well I'll be practicing all with music now to say the least.
*I STARTED PICKING OUT FEIS STEPS FOR LIGHT JIG AND HORNPIPE! I'm so happy it's outrageous. We haven't added directions or movement yet, but I did two steps on both sides to music. I'm going to figure out reel for next class too.
*I GOT INVITED TO IRISH DANCE SUMMER CAMP! Which probably sounds ridiculous because I am 25, and haven't been a "camper" at anything since I was 18 and probably haven't been to a dance camp in even longer. But in August we're going to learn a set piece and do a ceili dance and actually make it not suck! I'm thrilled. TC also said that if there was time he would work with us on other stuff too. :) It's going to be so hard to wait until August!

Well, planning on practicing as much as I can, I want to stay sharp. New Feis goal is in October, but we'll see what happens.

Happy June,

Kay

Comments

Popular Posts