Acomplishments Galore

Hello there,

Happy to report that my week is a close and I am much more relaxed than last we spoke. The concert is over. I'm pretty much satisfied with how it went. I am a perfectionist so I always strive to be the best. But I have to remind myself that I only help and facilitate 200 students. It is they who truly do the work. While I had a priest dancing and making my eighth graders laugh during a song that was supposed to make their parents cry and a few accompanist/singer flubs. I got many many complements. Today was a breeze. I mean I have full blown laryngitis right now. (That had horrible timing.) I am happy it's over. One down. One to go. The one to go is a cake walk compared to last night. No worries there.

After tonight, there is only one week left of dance and I am absolutely heartbroken. I mean I won't miss the hot room we dance in or the hoodlums that hang outside of the rec center. I will miss the people and all the things I have been working on and looking forward to each week. I will tell you how the week went:

-Wednesday was spent drilling steps with C. Which was good because I really focused this weekend on picking "Feis steps" for all my dances that I know more than two steps. I don't want to get rusty on the other 3 or 4 steps that I don't do. We also did Antrim reel and it was decent. I like when we do ceilis with C because I'm on the same level as her and I'm not as intimidated as if it were just me and the prizewinner ladies. We did a bit of hornpipe too.

-Fridays always makes me feel awesome, because I would say he pushes me more because I'm with girls who are more advanced. I can now do my reel, light jig and slip jig to music. I just need one more slip jig step and that could be worked towards my goal. I did the hornpipe to music too, but so sloppy at traditional speeds. Quickly went over St. Pats and started treble jig! yayayayaya! We also practiced feis steps to feis protocol. I'm so happy because I need that experience. A few of the girls said I should go to the feis I originally wanted to enter and watch to get even more experience. I may end up going depending on whats going on.

I know that I probably sound like a broken record, but after every class, I can't believe how far I've come. I often wonder where I would be if I had started earlier this year, or years ago. I can't believe I only have one week left. :( Does it really have to end?


Comments

Popular Posts